The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years. Uncle Sam billboard in Washington state called ‘racist,’ targeted for removal: reports. Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:28. The billboard sits off Exit 72 on private property and has been in Lewis County since the late 1960s.

“No Mexican Olympic teams?” … All the runners and swimmers are here!”KENTUCKY PROTESTER LOSES JOB …

Uncle Sam BillBoard. On Dec. 20, 1979, it ruled in favor of Hamilton, further cementing the legend of the Uncle Sam Billboard. But now more than 75,000 online petitioners want the sign taken down, claiming many of the jokes posted on it are racist -- or otherwise … The state had argued that the billboard broke the Scenic Vistas Act of 1971. "I've been watching that sign for probably 30 some years and I don't always … A billboard featuring Uncle Sam, which recently caused a storm of indignation and was called “racist,” has stood there for more than 50 years. Posted by admin In Us Last Modified 11 June 2020 - 5:35pm 11 June 2020 - 5:35pm The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years. Since the 1970s, the Uncle Sam sign in Chehalis, WA has been publicly posting racist and offensive statements along the side of I-5. In Washington State, if you are driving on I-5, near Exit 72, you will see a private billboard. An online petition says the Uncle Sam billboard, which has been in Lewis County for more than 50 years, posts racist messages and it needs to be removed. Letter to the Editor: Uncle Sam Billboard Is Offensive Jun 15, 2020 13 Letters to the editor can be submitted to news@chronline.com.

Posted by admin In Us Last Modified 11 June 2020 - 5:35pm 11 June 2020 - 5:35pm The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years.

It’s turned to a debate between racial sensitivity against free speech.

2 talking about this. The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years.

But now more than 75,000 online petitioners want the sign taken down, claiming many of the jokes posted on it are racist — or otherwise insensitive to some community members. But now more than 75,000 online petitioners want the sign taken down, claiming many of the jokes posted on it are racist — or otherwise insensitive to some community members. The with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in for more than 50 years. These are the first words that are read when coming into Lewis County from the south, or leaving from the north, creating an immediate hateful impression of our town for anyone that comes to visit or … “It’s … Description and history The two-sided billboard, which depicts Uncle Sam, is located beside the northbound lanes of Interstate 5 (I-5), near Exit 72 in Chehalis. 73,000 signature petition calls for takedown of landmark Uncle Sam billboard By: Shelby Miller Updated: June 8, 2020 - 5:05 PM LEWIS COUNTY, Wash. — A giant, two-sided billboard with a painting of Uncle Sam greets thousands of drivers heading up and down I-5 every day. The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years.But now more than 75,000 online petitioners want the sign taken down, claiming many of the jokes posted on it are racist -- or otherwise insensitive to some community members.One sample message: “No Mexican Olympic teams? To date, more than 75,000 people have voted online for the decision to remove the billboard located off Interstate 5 in Napavin, Lewis County. The billboard sits off Exit 72 on private property and has been in Lewis County since the late 1960s. The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years.But now more than 75,000 online petitioners want the sign taken down, claiming many of the jokes posted on it are racist -- or otherwise insensitive to some community members.One sample message:… Uncle Sam billboard in Washington state called ‘racist,’ targeted for removal: reports. Uncle Sam billboard in Washington state called ‘racist,’ targeted for removal: reports. 222 likes. June 11, 2020 June 11, 2020 admin The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years. Known as the “Uncle Sam Billboard” it has it’s own Wikipedia page (linked here), and has been the source of many newspaper articles over the years (see here and here, as just some examples).I remember reading this billboard for the first time when I was a kid in the 1970s, and it often generated fun conversations in … Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

Amid rumors that protesters against Napavine’s Uncle Sam sign intended on blocking roads, and concerns after the sign was vandalized earlier this month, a crowd of about 100 people gathered

“It's a sign that makes you think,” said Tracy Christy. Updated: June 8, 2020 - 5:05 PM LEWIS COUNTY, Wash. — A giant, two-sided billboard with a painting of Uncle Sam greets thousands of drivers heading up and down I-5 every day. I-5 Chehalis, WA Facebook is showing information to help you better understand the purpose of a Page. LEWIS COUNTY, Wash. — There’s a renewed battle over an old billboard along Interstate-5 near Chehalis. “It's a sign that makes you think,” said Tracy Christy. The billboard with the picture of Uncle Sam has been up in Washington state for more than 50 years.